5.19.2009

Temperatures

I received an email today which reminded me of this blog, I feel bad about not doing it for so long, so here goes.

Have you ever noticed that the same temperature in two different places doesn't feel the same. A 69 degree day (no more no less) with a light breeze in a wide open field sounds perfect. Not to hot, not to cool. But go to a beach on a 69 degree day and your freezing.
Today I was sitting in my house when I noticed how hot it was. I checked the thermostat and found it was 76. 76 degrees outside is not that bad. But inside, it's like your house is on fire!
Why is this? It's simple.
In each and every one of use lies a special gene called the Picky Gene (it's located in the same place of your DNA which makes you have a huge urge to pick your nose and pick a lottery number). This gene makes it that a human being can never really be satisfied. Sure sometimes you may feel happy but you always want more. Like right now, I just had a DELICIOUS bowl of Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, followed by a couple of pretzels to cap off the sweetness. I should be satisfied. But am I? Heck no. Cuz my picky gene is acting up.
This is the first post in a while so I'll be better later I promise, I'm just getting warmed up again (believe it or not these things take time.)

Looking Forward:
Tomorrow, May 20th, is National Narcissist Appreciation day so find an egomaniac and tell them how great they really are!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Pretzels? what kind of pretzels? The crunchy salt-encrusted kind or the steaming, hot kind that you can pull apart?

Is every day as special kind of day? Who thinks of these? I will be sure to tell everyone about Narcissm Day. And then I will make sure they tell everyone I said it.

Jason K said...

that would be salty and crunchy, like Rold's Gold.