7.07.2010

Heat Wave

It is hot. Like seriously hot. I'm not talking about a "oh I think I'll have to wear shorts today" kind of heat. It's a "maybe I need to start wearing a welders mask and fireman's outfit just to survive here." I'm honestly at the point where I'm imagining the heat even when it isn't there. My body is so used to feeling uncomfortable that now it's inventing the uncomfortable feeling to fill the void. At the moment, I'm sitting alone, in a beautiful, air conditioned computer lounge. All the shades are closed, but the sun is trying it's hardest to pierce through. There is one ray of light that's hitting me like a dagger. And it's painful. But even though the room is air-conditioned, there is this little orb of heat spinning around me, making it impossible for me to even think about writing about anything else. I know that eventually I'll have to overcome this hurdle. It's going to be this hot for at least a week...
Have you ever tried sleeping in a blast furnace? Ever attempted to crawl into your oven, lie atop your stove, squeeze into your microwave? Ever thought about laying atop molten coals? That's what I did last night. All of the above. For the first time (I think in my life?) I slept without any blanket at all. Generally I need one in order to tell my subconscious it's bedtime (it just doesn't feel right otherwise. Do you ever get this feeling or am I a lunatic). Then in the morning, I took an icy cold shower. I've done it maybe twice before, for very small periods of time, just to ice off a sunburn. But this, was like a heaven sent bath of the gods. I could've stood in that shower forever (obviously, I didn't. So maybe I couldn't have).
I expect, at least for this week, I'll be writing longer and longer posts. This room is soooo comfortable (like honestly, think of a cloud made out of care bear soul and silk and you wouldn't even get close the relief I feel.) And now that I've just (literally just) discovered that the sides of the desk are metal, I don't think there's anyway I'm leaving this room ever!

For Thought:
Which is worse? Dreadfully hot or bitter cold. Two days ago I would've said bitter cold but now, I don't know.

No comments: