7.02.2010

Hotel Meal

I am not a camper. I never have been it goes right against my moral fiber when god created the earth, he created houses with air conditioning for man to dwell in. And he saw this a/c was good. I don't like the idea of going out of my way to sleep on the ground, being eaten by bugs, in a bag. (a sleeping bag sounds so archaic. If it were a case or sleeve I think I would be a little more likely to be interested. But I am not sleeping in a bag). Some would say, "it's great to get to know the outdoors." If I want to see nature I'll watch the Discovery Channel. If I want to be "in" nature, I'll watch it in the backyard on a laptop.
But the fun part of camping is the challenge. Trying to fashion a delicious meal with nothing but a campfire and some pointy sticks. S'mores are a prime example of fantastic edible delights that have been born out of this chaos. So tonight I'm in a hotel, and having very much the same experience. My family has went to the supermarket, picked out whatever we wanted to eat, and now have the excitement of heating it in a rustic microwave, eating on paper plates, in comfy hotel lounge chairs. While it may not be the same kind of "roughing it" as camping, it is just enough out of my comfort zone to be exciting.
So go and make some s'mores, cook in your fireplace, try to create a great meal out of nothing. Who needs camping when you've got paper plates and a microwave?!

Question of the day:
Do you type in url's to sights you know by heart (YouTube) or "save time" by typing into google search?

1 comment:

emily said...

i type into the google search box pretty much everytime. then i can spell things completely wrong and still get what i want. its also a useful calculator:)